Monday, November 29, 2010

Burlap Slipcovers

I was inspired by Diane at In My Own Style when she sewed slipcovers for her dining room chairs.  (she has an excellent "how to" on her blog)  Therefore,  I decided to cover my chairs, however, I used burlap.  Because the burlap frays, I lined my slipcovers with muslin.  Diane's slipcovers had a knot/bow on the back (which I loved but I didn't have enough fabric to create the same) so I added a ruffle to the bottom of mine.  The fabric for the ruffle was leftover material from my kitchen curtains.  I love the look, they were simple to do and they can easily be changed for different decorating themes or seasons. 



Before

After


The ruffle detail

I am linking to :  Metamorphosis Monday @ Between Naps on the Porch and to Finding Fabulous

4 comments:

  1. Hi Lesa-

    Thanks for contacting me. I love hearing from my readers especially when they have been inspired like you were by something I made. Your slipcovers came out great! What I love is that you used what you had on hand and put your own style into them -the contrasting fabric ruffle. I love to see people's own style come thru - you have put your own stamp on your chairs now.
    I also love the name of your blog, Home Frosting, how clever and catchy. It looks like you just started blogging - best of luck - I have become your newest follower.

    My best- Diane

    ReplyDelete
  2. these look great, I like this idea, I have different chairs and this would be a way of tying them together.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love this idea! Thanks for linking @Creative Itch's "Sew Cute Tuesday"!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Furniture is what turns your house into a home.We are running our Furnitures over 25 years and we are one of the leading wooden cot manufacturer in chennai

    ReplyDelete