I thought with a little TLC I could fix it up and maybe my daughter can use it in her home. First thing I did was put a piece of plywood in the bottom...
Next, I sanded the entire piece to remove any lumps and bumps. Then I gave it a couple of coats of paint. (Sand Bar)
After the paint dried, I lightly sanded the nightstand using 220-grit sandpaper. I sanded it a bit heavier along the edges to reveal the dark brown paint underneath. I removed the sanding dust and applied Danish Oil in a medium walnut color to give the paint an aged look.
It needed something more, so I decided to make a canvas curtain for the front. Again, just the canvas was a bit boring, so I made a burlap ruffle and added that to the bottom of the curtain. I used a piece of dowel for the rod and two cup hooks for the brackets.
It still needed something to give it a bit of interest so I gave the top a tattoo. I found the bird image after doing a "google" search and applied it using my freezer paper transfer method.
Now, I think it's done. I hope my daughter likes it!
Thank you for stopping by...have a great day!